Women’s Economic Empowerment
Meet the delegation of business women from Ethiopia headed by the Ethiopian First Lady, H.E. Roman Tesfaye.
Tuesday, October 18, 9:00-11:00
Chamber Trade Sweden, Klarabergsviadukten 63 at United Spaces
With opportunities for B2B after the seminarWelcome to a morning seminar on doing business with Ethiopia. Opening speaker will be Ethiopia’s First Lady, H.E. Roman Tesfaye, who heads the first Ethiopian women business delegation to Sweden. Join us and learn more about business opportunities with Ethiopia. Meet Ethiopia’s ambassador to Sweden, H.E. Woinshet Tadesse, and the visiting delegation of business women with a special focus on coffee and lifestyle products. Opportunities for business meetings and networking will follow the seminar.
The Ethiopian business women delegation consists of about 20 entrepreneurs representing the:
- Coffee sector, from producers who provide green coffee to roasters and coffee houses that can be able to provide ready roasted and packed products to the Nordics companies,
- Lifestyle sector representing producers of home & fashion accessories, linen and baby cotton products, apparel, leather shoes and hand bags as well as jewellery with precious gemstones,
- Honey sector, including Coffee Honey,
- Home furnishing sector, including carpets and basketry,
- Services including travel, conferences, tourism and consultancy.
The companies represent a mix of experienced exporters with well-known brands and export-ready companies. There are also a handful of young entrepreneurs who join to learn and be inspired to future growth and international trade.
The seminar is hosted by Chamber Trade Sweden,Centre for Accelerated Women’s Economic Empowerment (CAWEE) and the Embassy of Ethiopia.
Seats are limited, please register before October 12th.
“Fighting poverty through women’s economic empowerment.” – Sida is cooperating with Chamber Trade Sweden to support Women’s Economic Empowerment, women in business and local women business organisations.